Big Ten lunch links
May, 13, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Red Wings-Blackhawks one last time in the Western Conference playoffs? Yes, please.
- No more media trailers at Michigan State? Yes, please. Here's more on the proposed Spartan Stadium renovation. Matt Charboneau is reserving judgment on a Spartans team projected all over the map. Linebacker recruit Chris Frey is headed to East Lansing.
- Minnesota offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover talks about his amazing weight-loss transformation, which included gastric-bypass surgery.
- Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst has a new style but old-school values, Tom Shatel writes. A Q&A with the new Nebraska AD. Bo Pelini's Big Ten colleagues challenge him on the recruiting trail.
- Teddy Greenstein tees it up with Illinois coach Tim Beckman. Get to know these five Illini players before the fall.
- A good look at how Ohio State's unheralded 2010 recruiting class factors into a national title push. Orlando Pace's Hall pass puts the spotlight on Ohio State's great offensive linemen. Former Ohio State player Barry Walker passed away Friday.
- Northwestern's recruiting efforts are on the upswing for 2014 and beyond. Recruit Auston Anderson's mom gave him the extra push he needed to pick Northwestern.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is excited about LB Nyeem Wartman in 2013 and beyond. A good piece on O'Brien, his wife and the challenges they face with a special-needs child. The Lions add two more recruits to their 2014 class.
- Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison played a big role in Lawrence Marshall's commitment. Kyle Meinke takes our "most indispensable" series one step further and lists Michigan's six most indispensable players. Breaking down Michigan's 2013 schedule.
- Coach Gary Andersen wants to keep a small-school feel at Wisconsin.
- Purdue coach Darrell Hazell talks toughness, the summer plan, personnel and much more in this interview with Pete DiPrimio. Will the Boilers' streak of NFL draft picks continue in 2014?
- Pat Harty runs down the top 10 Iowa players of the Hayden Fry era. Marc Morehouse examines Iowa's future nonconference schedules, which include more games with Northern Illinois.
- Indiana strength coach Mark Hill is mic'd up during a spring practice.