Big Ten lunch links
May, 13, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Red Wings-Blackhawks one last time in the Western Conference playoffs? Yes, please.
- No more media trailers at Michigan State? Yes, please. Here's more on the proposed Spartan Stadium renovation. Matt Charboneau is reserving judgment on a Spartans team projected all over the map. Linebacker recruit Chris Frey is headed to East Lansing.
- Minnesota offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover talks about his amazing weight-loss transformation, which included gastric-bypass surgery.
- Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst has a new style but old-school values, Tom Shatel writes. A Q&A with the new Nebraska AD. Bo Pelini's Big Ten colleagues challenge him on the recruiting trail.
- Teddy Greenstein tees it up with Illinois coach Tim Beckman. Get to know these five Illini players before the fall.
- A good look at how Ohio State's unheralded 2010 recruiting class factors into a national title push. Orlando Pace's Hall pass puts the spotlight on Ohio State's great offensive linemen. Former Ohio State player Barry Walker passed away Friday.
- Northwestern's recruiting efforts are on the upswing for 2014 and beyond. Recruit Auston Anderson's mom gave him the extra push he needed to pick Northwestern.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is excited about LB Nyeem Wartman in 2013 and beyond. A good piece on O'Brien, his wife and the challenges they face with a special-needs child. The Lions add two more recruits to their 2014 class.
- Michigan defensive coordinator Greg Mattison played a big role in Lawrence Marshall's commitment. Kyle Meinke takes our "most indispensable" series one step further and lists Michigan's six most indispensable players. Breaking down Michigan's 2013 schedule.
- Coach Gary Andersen wants to keep a small-school feel at Wisconsin.
- Purdue coach Darrell Hazell talks toughness, the summer plan, personnel and much more in this interview with Pete DiPrimio. Will the Boilers' streak of NFL draft picks continue in 2014?
- Pat Harty runs down the top 10 Iowa players of the Hayden Fry era. Marc Morehouse examines Iowa's future nonconference schedules, which include more games with Northern Illinois.
- Indiana strength coach Mark Hill is mic'd up during a spring practice.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41