Big Ten lunch links
December, 3, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
The Big Ten finally wins The Challenge in hoops. Is this a good omen for the bowl season?
- Ohio State should root for Oregon tonight to set up a sexier Rose Bowl matchup, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Mark Dantonio's message of discipline obviously didn't reach its mark at Michigan State, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News.
- Kirk Ferentz downplays rumors that he's headed to Notre Dame, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register. Ferentz and AD Gary Barta outline Iowa's pitch for a BCS bowl, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Jay Paterno writes that Bobby Bowden deserved another chance to turn things around at Florida State.
- The Detroit Free Press makes its predictions on who will win Michigan's team awards tonight.
- Wisconsin wide receiver Isaac Anderson will try to rebound from a poor performance Saturday against Hawaii, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times.
- A Juice Williams timeline at Illinois from The (Champaign) News-Gazette. More Juice moments from the Daily Herald's Lindsey Willhite. It won't cost Illinois too much to cut ties with Ron Zook's assistants after the season.