Big Ten lunchtime links
June, 5, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Links ... what a fun, sexy time for you.
- Regrets? E. Gordon Gee has a few, but he says he's not stepping down as Ohio State president because of his gaffes. What to expect after Gee. The joke is finally on the Buckeyes, Pat Forde writes. A former Australian Rules Football player could solve Ohio State's punting issue.
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio reiterated that Andrew Maxwell is his starting quarterback but said that another quarterback could play, too. Riley Bullough is staying at tailback.
- Former Nebraska star Barrett Ruud ponders the end of his NFL career. Ex-Huskers coach Bill Callahan will call plays for the Cowboys this year, but has he learned patience? Phil Steele ranks Nebraska No. 16.
- Penn State looks like the front-runner for a prep quarterback who will announce his decision Saturday. Matt McGloin actually has a shot to make the Oakland Raiders, believe it or not. Steven Bench is already making his presence known at South Florida.
- Darrell Hazell promises that Boilermakers fans will have fun this fall.
- Iowa got a commitment from a Washington, D.C., cornerback who hasn't even visited the campus yet. Iowa-Iowa State will kick off at 5 p.m. local time.
- A prolific player from the Chicago suburbs will walk on at Illinois.
- An Indiana preview.
- A documentary of Minnesota offensive lineman Zach Mottla's journey back from injury.
- A closer look at Northwestern superback Jack Schwaba.
- Former Michigan quarterbacks believe Devin Gardner will be successful. Some numbers on the Wolverines' recruiting.
- Montee Ball talks about playing with Peyton Manning and the Broncos.
- Ohio State and Michigan State top Tom Dienhart's Big Ten secondary rankings.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Minnesota Illinois 12:00 PM ET Maryland Wisconsin 12:00 PM ET Rutgers 16 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Michigan 8 Michigan State 8:00 PM ET 13 Ohio State Penn State