Big Ten lunch links
June, 25, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
- Some good coverage of the Big Ten's new-look bowl lineup here and here and here and here and here. A new Detroit bowl likely will be on the Big Ten's plate in 2014.
- In addition to proclaiming victory against Ohio State, Michigan QB Devin Gardner discusses his arm strength and leadership skills. The Wolverines kickstart their 2015 recruiting class, while the Runyan legacy continues in Ann Arbor.
- Wes Lunt will have some help in Champaign as receiver Malik Turner commits to Illinois.
- Freshman WR Kyle Kerrick asks for and receives his release from Michigan State. A book by former Spartans QB Kirk Cousins debuts today.
- Wisconsin's recruiting is on the offensive with commits No. 8 and No. 9. Johnny Football could learn something from Montee Ball's experience at Wisconsin, Andy Baggot writes.
- Northwestern's on-field success has spread to the recruiting trail. The Wildcats need Jack Konopka to step up as he moves into the top left-tackle spot.
- Nebraska fans shouldn't make snap judgments about whether the Huskers offer recruit Harrison Phillips, Steve Sipple writes. Jon Nyatawa profiles Huskers LB Trevor Roach.
- Bob Flounders goes inside the numbers as Penn State's preseason camp gets closer. A look at why Penn State is bringing in defensive backs in droves.
- Iowa's first challenge this fall is stopping a Heisman Trophy candidate.
- A look back at Minnesota's 1985 season. A look back at Norwood Teague's first year as Minnesota AD.
- What the preseason publications are saying about Indiana's outlook for 2013.
- Week 11 could decide the Legends division in 2013. Two Big Ten matchups are among the top games to watch in Week 6.