Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 1, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I don't know about you, but I partied a little too hard last night for Fiscal New Year's Eve.
- Ryan Lankford is ready to contribute for Illinois -- at receiver, not punter (probably). Wes Lunt is happy to have the transfer process behind him.
- Indiana's recruiting gained steam in June.
- Dozens of former Iowa players put down roots in Iowa City once their playing days were done. The Hakwyes are looking for some mayhem makers on defense.
- A pair of Maryland high school teammates committed to Michigan. The Wolverines are getting their targets in recruiting.
- Michigan State has more ability at quarterback than at any time during Mark Dantonio's tenure, so says the coach. Catching up with six incoming Spartans freshmen.
- Speculating on a Minnesota defensive depth chart.
- How Nebraska stacks up in the preseason mags.
- Nick VanHoose is an important figure for Northwestern this season.
- Carlos Hyde could be the first back to rush for 1,000 yards under Urban Meyer. Land-Grant Holy Land is doing an Buckeyes' all-decade team. Former OSU defensive lineman Se'Von Pittman has transferred to Akron.
- Penn State assistant Anthony Midget talks about the progress of the Nittany Lions' safeties. Selling tickets is another job for Bill O'Brien.
- A kicker/punter became Purdue's sixth commitment for 2014.
- Gary Andersen is winning over the Wisconsin alumni. Russell Wilson brought his passing academy to Camp Randall Stadium.
- Part of Maryland's lawsuit against the ACC was thrown out, but most of the case is still going forward.
- Brian Christopherson ranks the top 20 Big Ten players for 2013.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g