Big Ten lunchtime links
July, 5, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Links that go boom:
- Nebraska picked up two recruits from Missouri on the Fourth of July, including one named Freedom. Huskers target Peyton Newell plays in memory of his mother.
- Urban Meyer isn't saying anything about Aaron Hernandez, but some members of his family have tweeted about the former Gator. In case you missed it, Brett McMurphy reported that Meyer OK'd turning in Florida for a minor recruiting violation.
- Penn State player Eric Shrive is getting close to his goal of raising $100,000 for kidney cancer research. West Virginia wants to schedule the Nittany Lions.
- Actor Mark Wahlberg paid a visit with members of the Michigan football team. The Wolverines are confident that Jack Miller can handle the starting center job.
- Purdue recruit David Blough was named one of the Elite 11 quarterbacks.
- Illinois recruits are helping recruit others to Champaign. Checking in with incoming Illini recruit Caleb Day.
- Iowa's recruiters are keeping an eye on the future after a productive June.
- A preview of Michigan State from an Iowa perspective. Examining the Spartans' tailback situation, which remains a mystery.
- Wisconsin is battling Nebraska for an in-state recruit.
- Some Indiana notes to chew on.
- A 2013 Minnesota preview.
- Which Northwestern position group has the brightest future?
- Jim Delany says TV executives had no say in the Big Ten's latest expansion moves.