Big Ten lunch links: Brewster in mix at KU?
December, 9, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Interesting quotes coming out of Minneapolis. Is Tim Brewster shopping around?
- Minnesota AD Joel Maturi is tired of hearing the Brewster-to-Kansas rumors, but he's not going to stop the coach from leaving, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press. Then again, the likelihood of Brewster becoming Kansas' next coach is slim, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Cincinnati can't compete with Ohio State every year, but the Bearcats are better equipped to do so more often now, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch. The Buckeyes are more concerned with trying to redeem themselves again in a BCS bowl, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Colleague Mark Schlabach ranks all the bowl games (he likes the Rose and isn't overly excited about the Orange). SI.com's Stewart Mandel has a slightly sunnier view on the Orange.
- The Chicago Tribune's Silver Football award ended with a historic split decision, Teddy Greenstein writes.
- Indiana will sport some new unis next season, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Wisconsin is heading back to Orlando, but the bowl officials don't seem to mind, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Missed this one from a few days ago, but Michigan wants its next athletics director to have strong ties to the university, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41