Big Ten lunch links: Brewster in mix at KU?
December, 9, 2009
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Interesting quotes coming out of Minneapolis. Is Tim Brewster shopping around?
- Minnesota AD Joel Maturi is tired of hearing the Brewster-to-Kansas rumors, but he's not going to stop the coach from leaving, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press. Then again, the likelihood of Brewster becoming Kansas' next coach is slim, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Cincinnati can't compete with Ohio State every year, but the Bearcats are better equipped to do so more often now, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch. The Buckeyes are more concerned with trying to redeem themselves again in a BCS bowl, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Colleague Mark Schlabach ranks all the bowl games (he likes the Rose and isn't overly excited about the Orange). SI.com's Stewart Mandel has a slightly sunnier view on the Orange.
- The Chicago Tribune's Silver Football award ended with a historic split decision, Teddy Greenstein writes.
- Indiana will sport some new unis next season, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Wisconsin is heading back to Orlando, but the bowl officials don't seem to mind, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Missed this one from a few days ago, but Michigan wants its next athletics director to have strong ties to the university, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g