Big Ten lunch links
August, 26, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
It's game week, people. You ready for some football?
Let's get linky ...
Let's get linky ...
- Joe Juliano looks at Year 2 under Bill O'Brien at Penn State. Tight end Kyle Carter has become Penn State's security blanket. Ten keys for the Lions in 2013. Linebacker Nyeem Wartman is a rising star for Penn State.
- The Detroit Free Press selects its preseason All-Big Ten team. A closer look at the Leaders division and the Legends division. Tom Dienhart runs through his Big Ten preseason power rankings.
- Nebraska's young defense will be worth watching this fall, Sam McKewon writes. Nebraska assistant John Garrison embraces the expectations of leading the offensive line. Seven reasons for a big season in Lincoln this fall. Paul Myerberg previews the Huskers in 2013.
- In desperate times, Ohio State counts on Kenny G. Ohio State comes in at No. 3 in Chris Dufresne's preseason countdown. The Buckeyes begin their 2015 recruiting efforts with a bang.
- Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald creates a family atmosphere with his coaching staff. RB Venric Mark learned to open up at Northwestern. The Wildcats name their season captains.
- Michigan thinks it has the recipe for a Big Ten title in Year 3 of the Brady Hoke era. Junior LB Jake Ryan joins three seniors as Michigan team captains. Nick Baumbardner picks Michigan to go 10-2.
- Juco transfer Damien Wilson has emerged in Minnesota's middle linebacker competition. Minnesota wants to take the next step, but it won't be easy, Tom Powers writes. Gophers CB Derrick Wells (shoulder) is questionable for Thursday's opener against UNLV.
- Gary Andersen set the tone at Wisconsin by building trust with his players. The Badgers should regain the services of two starting offensive linemen today. Andersen looks for the right speed-size combination on defense.
- After a disappointing 2012 season, Michigan State embraced change in recent months. Five reasons the Spartans will head to Pasadena, and five reasons they won't. Offensive lineman Blake Treadwell has become a big voice in the Spartans locker room.
- Iowa RB Mark Weisman doesn't crave the attention he receives. Mike Hlas expects the Hawkeyes to win at least six games this fall.
- Indiana's secondary might finally break through this fall.
- Four big topics for Purdue entering game week. There were no surprises among Purdue's captains for 2013.
- Linebacker Jonathan Brown prepares to lead Illinois this season. Coach Tim Beckman hopes to right the ship in Year 2. Some good stuff from Illini QB Reilly O'Toole.
- Rutgers wants to show it can hang with the big boys in the Big Ten. Rutgers' Big Ten affiliation already is paying off.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g