Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 10, 2013
By Austin Ward | ESPN.com
There's highs, there's lows, the roller coaster is out of control.
- Michigan State linebacker Max Bullough may have a nose for the football, but he can't actually smell anything since he was born without that sense.
- The bye week helped Devin Gardner relax, and the Michigan quarterback had much better results to show for it last weekend to keep the Wolverines unbeaten.
- Bill O'Brien stopped by Nittanyville, and the Penn State coach wound up showing off his basketball skills in a dunk contest.
- Ameer Abdullah might lack some size, but the Nebraska running back more than makes up for it with power that even far bigger defenders can't match.
- Sean Robinson is in position to offer advice to a quarterback making his first start or one transitioning to defense. He's done both himself, making the Purdue linebacker an invaluable resource for Danny Etling and Rob Henry.
- The Wisconsin receivers measure themselves with a statistic that doesn't show up in the box score, taking pride in their blocking and counting "knockdowns."
- Northwestern receiver Rashad Lawrence is kicking himself over the longest play of his career, disappointed he couldn't turn it into a touchdown against Ohio State.
- Held without a reception last weekend, Illinois is looking to get receiver Ryan Lankford back in the mix and the offense back on track during the bye week.
- Kyle Rowland digs into Ohio State's official performance reviews of the coaching staff through its first season on the job.
- Minnesota athletic director Norwood Teague has "no question" about who his football coach is despite Jerry Kill's health issues.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g