Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 16, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
One more win, and it's on to the World Series.
- Al Borges doesn't want to run Devin Gardner a lot because of injury concerns, but the Michigan offensive coordinator may not have a choice, given how his running backs have played.
- Just what Michigan State's opponents want to hear: The Spartans' defense should soon get some help with the return of Lawrence Thomas on the defensive line.
- Tanner McEvoy has made an impressive transition from junior-college quarterback to starting safety for Wisconsin.
- Five questions about the Purdue offense as the Boilers head into the second half of the season.
- Illinois is raising the bar for receiver Martize Barr, whose progress had "plateaued."
- Tracy Claeys is operating at a lower volume than Jerry Kill as Minnesota's acting head coach.
- Mark Weisman and the Iowa running game have a lot to prove this week at Ohio State.
- Penn State should give Bill O'Brien a raise now, Michael Bradley writes.
- "Trigger and tackle" are the buzzwords for the Ohio State defense heading into the second half.
- A midseason report card on Indiana.