Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 22, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
- Tom Dienhart thinks the Big Ten has a good chance to get two teams into BCS bowl games.
- Ohio State is ranked No. 4 in the BCS standings, but when Urban Meyer delivered his "state of the union" address to the team, he told them to embrace it.
- There are a few throws Wisconsin QB Joel Stave wants back, but Gary Andersen says his RS sophomore quarterback is making good progress.
- Bo Pelini says Nebraska's team goals are still within reach, plus links to video from his Monday press conference.
- After Michigan State was left unranked, the Detroit Free Press' Joe Rexrode wonders if the Spartans are the Big Ten's sleeper.
- Devin Funchess might be the receiver of the future for the Wolverines, but Jeremy Gallon is still Devin Gardner's favorite target.
- Northwestern is on a bit of a slide. The Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein writes that it should be an easy fix if the Wildcats return to the basics.
- Penn State's John Urschel is an offensive lineman with a chance to go pro. But he also earned a math degree in three years, a masters in one and now teaches math classes at PSU. ... Also, he co-wrote a paper entitled "Instabilities in the Sun–Jupiter–Asteroid Three Body Problem."
- Jerry Kill was in attendance for the Gophers' win over Northwestern, and he spoke to the team after the big win (with video).
- Tickets for the Purdue-Iowa game are going for less than a dollar. Seriously.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State