Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 24, 2013
By Austin Ward | ESPN.com
Don't recall Knope, NBC.
- Aside from getting healthy, Braxton Miller has also rediscovered his passion for the game and has had plenty to smile about recently for Ohio State.
- The Penn State defense has seen up close what Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde can do offensively for the Buckeyes, and its plan to spring an upset revolves around containing those rushers.
- Brady Hoke is much happier with Michigan's turnover margin since league play began, and he can thank quarterback Devin Gardner for altering the numbers with smarter play recently.
- Connor Cook's footwork graded out just fine from the ugly win last weekend over Purdue. So why did the Michigan State quarterback struggle with his accuracy?
- The loss of right guard Spencer Long will be a significant blow and could make it uncomfortable for a Nebraska team that has counted on him to make 33 consecutive starts, but it's emphasis on running the ball won't change.
- A foot injury for Rodrick Williams will likely give David Cobb the start in the Minnesota backfield for the second consecutive game, but the starter at quarterback remains undecided.
- Illinois can see what its defense is capable of when it breaks down film, but the frustration is growing with the lack of consistency.
- After losing the fewest starts to injury of any team in the Big Ten in 2012, Northwestern's been ravaged by injuries this season as it tries to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Iowa rehashed its loss to Northwestern last season plenty over the offseason. Its defensive struggles in that loss providing a learning opportunity and some motivation to improve.
- Has Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon done enough to warrant Heisman Trophy talk?
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska