Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 15, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
TGIF. I just wish the TV version still existed.
- He could be the next great lockdown cornerback to come out of the Big Ten, but Michigan State cornerback Darqueeze Dennard won't forget his roots (country) or what made him (the Spartan Dawgs).
- Andy Staples takes a look at this Nebraska football season through coach Bo Pelini's tag line: "At the end of the day."
- QB Devin Gardner says the tweets and negativity he hears doesn't bug him much, but Michigan coach Brady Hoke says the people who write hate mail to the players "don't have much of a life."
- It's difficult to compare different teams across different eras, but Ohio State's current win streak has shades of the win streak Woody Hayes' team went on in the late 1960s.
- An Illinois freshman offensive lineman was thrown into the game last Saturday because of injury, and will play left tackle again this weekend against the Buckeyes.
- Unless Indiana can defeat the Buckeyes next weekend, the Hoosiers need a victory over Wisconsin this weekend to secure their first bowl berth since 2007.
- Wisconsin cornerback Darius Hillary struggled early in the season, but he has learned from those mistakes. He'll certainly be tested Saturday against the No. 1 passing offense in the Big Ten.
- Purdue and Penn State: Which team holds the advantage Saturday?
- Purdue QB Danny Etling and PSU QB Christian Hackenberg were roommates at the Elite 11 camp last summer. This weekend, the two freshmen face off on the field.