Big Ten lunch links
December, 2, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Is the regular season really over? Flew by. Championship week is here, folks, but first some linkage for you.
- Ohio State is in good shape to play for a crystal football if it can beat Michigan State in Indy.
- Michigan State hasn't played on a stage as big as the Big Ten championship since 1966, Joe Rexrode writes.
- Wisconsin learned a hard lesson Saturday, and it cost the Badgers a potential BCS bowl appearance.
- The statement Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst issued supporting Bo Pelini isn't enough, Steven M. Sipple writes. You can take the statement at face value, but questions remain, Tom Shatel writes.
- Penn State took offense to its major-underdog status at Wisconsin and took out its anger on the Badgers.
- After an improved 2013 season, Iowa will have the spotlight again in 2014, Andrew Logue writes.
- Nick Baumgardner outlines Michigan's identity three years into the Brady Hoke era (scrappy team, but not good enough).
- Despite a down year, the Big Ten boasts plenty of storylines, Herb Gould writes.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald vows that his team "will be back" next fall after ending a disappointing season with a win.
- Illinois' season ends with frustration, Mark Tupper writes.
- Changes are coming to Indiana, but what they are remains a mystery, Pete DiPrimio writes.
- A bowl win is the next goal for Minnesota following an 8-4 regular season.
- Quarterback Danny Etling urges Purdue fans to keep the faith.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41