Big Ten lunch links
January, 8, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Only 237 days left until the 2010 Big Ten season kicks off with Minnesota against Middle Tennessee State.
- Notre Dame came extremely close to joining the Big Ten in 2003, hoops coach Mike Brey tells the Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein.
- Cameron Heyward's decision to remain at Ohio State swayed fellow defenders Ross Homan and Chimdi Chekwa to stay as well, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- The Capital Times' Mike Lucas remembers former Wisconsin offensive lineman Manny Castro, who was killed last week in a car accident.
- Iowa offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga made the right call by turning pro, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Hawkeyes QB Ricky Stanzi loves him some America, and I love that T-shirt.
- Despite the decommitment of Dominique Easley, Penn State's recruiting class looks strong for 2010, Mike White writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- The Big Ten isn't dead yet and actually far from it, Brian Cook writes in The Sporting News' blog.
- Michigan State needs to get Keith Nichol on the field, whether it's at quarterback or wide receiver, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Michigan's incoming recruits have a chance to see the field real early, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.