Big Ten lunchtime links
December, 13, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
The only thing scarier than Friday the 13th? Knowing there's nearly no football on Saturday the 14th ...
- How did Michigan State manage to find the kind of success not seen since the 1950s or 1960s? Look no further than the coaches.
- More than 31,000 requests were put in for the Spartans' 24,000 allotted Rose Bowl tickets, meaning there will be no public sale, so the secondary market is proving to be an expensive option.
- Maryland will not receive distributed bowl revenue from the ACC because the situation regarding its exit fee hasn't yet been resolved.
- Melvin Gordon could leave early for the NFL ... or he could follow the lead of former Wisconsin RB Ron Dayne.
- The Badgers must open up the competition at quarterback next season, writes the Wisconsin State Journal's Tom Oates.
- Ameer Abdullah injured his ankle in Nebraska's seventh game, but that lingering injury -- and the accompanying pain -- couldn't keep him off the field.
- Michigan TE Jake Butt looked as if he was headed toward a redshirt season but gained 37 pounds since last winter and now believes the "sky's the limit."
- Jerry Kill's battle with epilepsy hasn't kept him from taking Minnesota to new heights.
- Someday, CBS columnist Gregg Doyel writes, Penn State guard John Urschel will do something that makes the world stand up and applaud. But first he's going to play in the NFL.
- Braxton Miller is mulling whether to declare for the NFL draft, and here are five reasons why he should.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38
Final Penn State 26 UCF 24 Final Youngstown State 17 Illinois 28 Final Indiana State 10 Indiana 28 Final Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 31 Final Appalachian State 14 Michigan 52 Final 5 Ohio State 34 Navy 17 Final Western Michigan 34 Purdue 43 Final Florida Atlantic 7 22 Nebraska 55 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final James Madison 7 Maryland 52 Final 14 Wisconsin 24 13 LSU 28