Big Ten lunch links
January, 13, 2010
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Kind of quiet up here in Big Ten country, at least compared to Knoxville and L.A.
- Former Marshall head coach (and Ohio State D-coordinator) Mark Snyder interviews for the Michigan linebackers coach vacancy, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes. The Wolverines once again should have some interesting 11th-hour commitments, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Iowa's Norm Parker is the nation's top defensive coordinator, according to Rivals.com, while Big Ten players dominate the position rankings at linebacker and tight end. The Big Ten also features three of the top 10 head coaches.
- Wide receiver recruit Adrian Coxson decommitted from Penn State on Tuesday.
- Wisconsin should aim higher than a Big Ten title in 2010, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Notre Dame's hiring of Badgers secondary coach Kerry Cooks is now official.
- Penn State will lean on running back Evan Royster this coming season, Mike Poorman writes at statecollege.com.
- Ohio State's Kurt Coleman and Jim Cordle are eager to showcase their skills at the NFL scouting combine, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.