Big Ten lunch links
January, 24, 2014
By Austin Ward | ESPN.com
It's been great getting to know you, Polar Vortex. But it's probably time to hit the road.
- Chris Ash was finally confirmed as Ohio State's co-defensive coordinator, but there's still some uncertainty about who will be calling the plays this season.
- Michigan State is preparing for a huge recruiting weekend, and a staffer offers some insight on the approach it takes with its targets.
- Former Michigan offensive lineman Michael Schofield is impressing scouts and analysts at the Senior Bowl practices.
- Nebraska product Stanley Jean-Baptiste is also making the most of his opportunity in Mobile, Ala., and the cornerback might not be "under the radar" any longer.
- Jerry Kill appears to be heading for a pay raise at Minnesota.
- Christian Hackenberg will be the eighth starting quarterback James Franklin has worked with in his career, and the Penn State rising sophomore already compares favorably with the rest of the bunch.
- Jeff George Jr. knows his way around the Illinois campus thanks to his dad, but he's going up for another close look as he takes an official visit this weekend.
- Wisconsin's offense kept on moving just like usual last season, leading with its powerful rushing attack.
- Paralyzed Rutgers legend Eric LeGrand is now a college graduate.
- The Big Ten had a few more "winners" as Senior Bowl workouts wound down, including Ohio State's Jack Mewhort and Wisconsin's Jared Abbrederis and Chris Borland.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/b1g