February, 4, 2014
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
T-19 hours until fax machines have a purpose again.
- A few of Ohio State signee's and early enrollees could see major playing time next season, writes the Columbus Dispatch, and you can check out Cleveland.com's series of recruit snapshots -- here's CB Damon Webb's, but others are listed on the page as well.
- Four-star defensive lineman Malik McDowell's parents don't want him at Michigan State but the Spartans did pick up a commitment from former Wisconsin DT pledge Craig Evans.
- The Daily Iowan's Ben Ross looked at the good, the bad and the unknown of Iowa's 2014 recruiting class.
- A nice feature on Nebaska defensive end commit Peyton Newell and his long road to the Cornhuskers.
- The Nittany Lions' 2014 class seems full but there might be a spot open for recent offer Torrance Brown, a Southern Miss commit. Former Penn State LB coach Ron Verlinden has joined Air Force's staff.
- Minnesota added two commitments Monday from prospects who had given verbals elsewhere.
- Simmie Cobb flipped his Purdue commitment (safety) to an Indiana commitment (wide receiver).
- Michigan wide receiver early enrollee Drake Harris is ready to make an impact at U-M.
- WR George Rushing became Wisconsin's 27th commit on Monday night.
- A good feature from The Washington Post's Alex Prewitt on Maryland long snapper commit Nate Adams.
- Two Illinois commitments who were expected to enroll early will not arrive on campus until May because of academic issues.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska