Big Ten's lunch links
March, 20, 2014
By Austin Ward | ESPN.com
Dayton was an incredible appetizer. Time for the buffet.
- With Braxton Miller on the shelf, Ohio State is getting a close look at his backups as it tries to replace the invaluable services of Kenny Guiton.
- There may be plenty of ground to make up, but freshman quarterback Wilton Speight is impressing early as he tries to learn Michigan's new playbook.
- Illinois is battling through injuries to its top tight ends, but that is opening up reps elsewhere for younger guys trying to make an impact.
- Penn State coach James Franklin is in favor of an early signing period.
- Sorting through its cornerbacks will be one of the most critical aspects of spring practice at Rutgers.
- Mark Pelini had a veteran who helped him manage the growing pains when he joined the Nebraska roster as a walk-on center. Now it's his turn to be a leader.
- Michigan State has to replace three senior starters on the offensive line when spring camp opens. Position coach Mark Staten said to "ask in a couple weeks" who is stepping up to fill the void.