Big Ten's lunch links
March, 25, 2014
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
Five months and three days 'til the start of college football.
- Five things to watch from Michigan State spring practice, which opens today. Mark Dantonio is comfortable with his quarterback position.
- Wisconsin's Gary Andersen got a pay bump. Badgers guard Kyle Costigan is giving it all despite having a knee that will never be quite right.
- Purdue returns to the practice field with plenty of work remaining.
- Michigan got a commitment from the top-rated player in Virginia.
- Moving to middle linebacker should satisfy a need for action for Penn State's Mike Hull.
- Urban Meyer talks about a play that's all the rage right now and other items in this CBS Sports interview. Once seen as a possible career backup, Darryl Baldwin is on the verge of starting for Ohio State's offensive line.
- Josh Mitchell is emerging as a vocal leader for Nebraska's defense.
- Health will be key for an Illinois offense that's lacking in depth.
- A breakdown of where the Iowa linebacker position stands after the departures of three senior standout starters.
- Rutgers' competition at quarterback may not end this spring.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41