You want a prediction about the weather? You're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be gray, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
- A great look back at Barry Alvarez's first recruiting class at Wisconsin, a group that helped turn around a struggling program, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times.
- Minnesota could be picking up a key wide receiver recruit from Ohio State, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell is at the top of the football world now, but he found himself near the bottom as an Iowa player in the mid 1970s, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Ohio State recruit Jamel Turner is back on track after some troubles early in his high school career, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Penn State could end up with a big prize on Signing Day in safety Keenan Allen, Michael Sedor writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Rich Rodriguez often does his best recruiting in the final hours before Signing Day, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. ESPN Scouts Inc.'s Tom Luginbill gives Michigan's recruiting class more than a passing grade, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Michigan State continues to close the gap with Michigan in recruiting, Snyder writes.