Monday, February 8, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
We are hereby sentenced to 206 days without college or pro football. Ugh.
- Heralded recruit Seantrel Henderson says he's still on the market, despite committing to USC, John Millea writes in the Star Tribune. Whether Henderson looks elsewhere, Ohio State must address its left tackle position, most likely with Mike Adams, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Illinois has filled its final coaching-staff vacancy with Tulsa assistant Ron West, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- The Detroit News' Bob Wojnowski agrees with me and writes that Michigan taking a risk by signing Demar Dorsey is simply part of big-time college football.
- Michigan State fans deserve credit for speaking up to keep the school's current logo in place, Eric Lacy writes in The Detroit News. Spartans head coach Mark Dantonio didn't grade this year's recruiting class, but he seems pleased with the haul, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Former Penn State safety Anthony Scirrotto is healthy and hopes to pursue a pro career in football or baseball, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst has been hitting his recruiting targets with quarterbacks, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.