Thursday, February 11, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
He has a natural confidence. I admire it and fear it.
- Colleague Bruce Feldman thinks Rich Rodriguez gets things turned around at Michigan this fall. For Michigan running backs coach Fred Jackson, work has suddenly become a family affair, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- I'll have more on this later, but new Minnesota offensive coordinator Jeff Horton wants to keep things simple in 2010, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star tribune.
- Penn State doesn't have to look too far to find talented athletes in several sports, including football, Guy Cipriano writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Michigan State is very much in the mix for talented wide receiver recruit DeAnthony Arnett, Matt Dorsey writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- According to this formula, Northwestern was the top overachiever in college football during the last decade.
- Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema is pleased with his recent findings in Florida, Craig Handel writes in The (Fort Myers) News-Press.
- Despite some financial losses in 2009, Purdue won't increase season-ticket prices in 2010, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Former Iowa star Tim Dwight returned to Des Moines to promote renewable energy initiatives, Jason Clayworth writes in the Des Moines Register.