Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
Can spring ball just get here already?
- Whether the NCAA's allegations against Michigan are trivial or serious, they still don't help the cause of embattled head coach Rich Rodriguez, SI.com's Stewart Mandel writes. Michigan needs to decide what type of program it wants to run, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Probation is likely for Michigan after the NCAA process concludes, David Goricki writes in The Detroit News. The allegations put Rodriguez on notice, but his fate still comes down to winning games, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News. An interesting take from the compliance side of things from mgoblog's Brian Cook.
- Seantrel Henderson's dad tells The Columbus Dispatch that there's no timetable on when Seantrel will sign (he has to do so by April 1), while Ohio State remains interested.
- Former Ohio State safety Kurt Coleman plans to "seize the moment" at the combine, Carlos Holmes writes in the Dayton Daily News.
- Iowa's football team gets some love from the suits in Washington, Nick Pugliese writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- The couple who paid $9,000 for Joe Paterno's glasses tells First Take all about it.
- Former Wisconsin safety Chris Maragos talks about falling through the cracks as a walk-on in his latest dispatch to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- The Daily Gopher breaks down Minnesota's newest junior college signings.
- Ron Zook sees some self-inflicted problems at Illinois, but it's hard to blame the fans, Brian Cook writes in The Sporting News.