Monday, March 22, 2010
Big Ten lunch links: UW's Phillips injured
By ESPN.com staff
Word of the day: Farokhmanesh.
It will be on the test.
- Wisconsin backup quarterback Curt Phillips sustained a knee injury in Saturday's scrimmage, Jim Polzin writes in The Capital Times. The Badgers picked up their first commitment for 2011.
- Missed this one from last week, but Ohio State athletics director Gene Smith outlines improvements for the team's football practice facility, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Ohio State has the talent to do big things, but it needs to gain the mental edge, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- A look at the Big Ten expansion candidates from Paul Trembacki of the Northwest Indiana Times.
- Yahoo! Sports' Matt Hinton breaks down an Iowa team that seems to decide its fate in the final two minutes of games.
- Night football is a hit everywhere, and Michigan Stadium should be no exception, annarbor.com's Michael Rothstein writes. Finalizing a night game was just the first item on AD David Brandon's lengthy to-do list, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Rivals.com's Tom Dienhart breaks down Minnesota and Michigan State as the teams begin spring practice.
- Juice Williams had a disappointing senior season at Illinois, but don't count him out for the NFL, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- The (Bloomington) Herald-Times' Dustin Dopirak looks at five big issues for Indiana this spring (subscription required).
- Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald (die-hard White Sox fan) stops by New York Yankees camp to visit with pal Joe Girardi, Marc Carig writes in The Star-Ledger.