Thursday, April 1, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
I recently got a note asking about this and wanted to let you know that I am on Twitter (have been for a while). So follow me (@ESPN_Big Ten).
Onto the links:
- Penn State signed the Big Ten's top recruiting class in February, but Joe Paterno isn't paying much attention to the freshmen this spring, Kevin Gorman writes in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. A video recap of Penn State's first spring practice from The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Paterno isn't in a rush to make position decisions, Neil Rudel writes in The Altoona Mirror.
- Ohio State opens spring practice with huge expectations for the 2010 season, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Jacob Charest has the most experience among Illinois' quarterbacks, but he'll be pushed for the starting job this spring, Chris Hine writes in the Chicago Tribune. Hope springs eternal for an Illini turnaround in 2010, Loren Tate writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Some good tidbits and video from Iowa's practice Wednesday.
- The center position is front and center for Purdue this spring, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- While injuries have sidelined John Clay and Montee Ball, Zach Brown continues to show up at running back for Wisconsin, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.