Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
East Lansing on Tuesday, Ann Arbor today. Maybe I'll just move to Michigan.
- Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema tweeted about a potential scheduling agreement with Nebraska or Notre Dame but didn't say anything more after Tuesday's practice, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Badgers linebacker Chris Borland tells The Sporting News' Dave Curtis how he ended up in Madison.
- Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett will learn today if he can move to a halfway house to serve out the remainder of his sentence.
- The quarterback competition is heating up at Michigan, and Rich Rodriguez wants the candidates to display better ball control. Wolverines slot receivers Kelvin Grady and Terrence Robinson are getting some work at running back, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- An in-depth look at the NFL decisions of Iowa players Bryan Bulaga (leaving) and Adrian Clayborn (staying) from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse.
- Punter is a big question mark for Penn State this spring, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. A bigger void for the Nittany Lions can be found at defensive tackle, as standout Jared Odrick departs, statecollege.com's Mike Poorman writes.
- Minnesota needs a go-to wide receiver, and Da'Jon McKnight hopes to be the guy, Kent Youngblood writes in the Star Tribune.
- Purdue hires a new play-by-play man for football, though he's a familiar voice to Boilers fans.
- Walk-on Leon Beckum is in the mix for a starting linebacker job at Indiana this spring, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Some way-too early conclusions from Illinois' practice so far this spring from the (Decatur) Herald & Review's Mark Tupper.