Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Jack: Lemon, are you wearing a cup?
Liz: Oh, I forgot. Only guys can get hurt there.
- Penn State's spring game showed why there's still plenty of work to do at quarterback, colleague Ivan Maisel writes. Nittany Lions fans need to know the name Quinn Barham this fall, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Penn State fans must finally forget about former QB Pat Devlin, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror.
- The buzz for Iowa football is reaching new heights, as the school might not be able to fill all of its season-ticket orders for 2010, Ryan Suchomel writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- A good position-by-position look back at Ohio State's spring session from The Columbus Dispatch's Ken Gordon. Missed this one from last week, but Nebraska coach Bo Pelini spoke at Ohio State's coaching clinic and had some nice things to say about the school, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon discusses Big Ten expansion and the NCAA's investigation into the school's football program, annarbor.com's Michael Rothstein writes. He also reiterated that head coach Rich Rodriguez's job is safe, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- The Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode lists nine takeaways from Michigan State's spring game.
- Wisconsin safety Chris Maragos signs a free-agent deal with the 49ers, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald thinks Corey Wootton will be an excellent addition to the Chicago Bears, ESPNChicago.com's Jeff Dickerson and Michael C. Wright write.
- A spring snapshot of Illinois from the Columbia Daily Tribune's Dave Matter.
- Ohio State adds a top tight end prospect for 2011 in Jeff Heuerman.