Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
For your information, I don't have an ego. My Facebook photo is a landscape.
- Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa boast some of the nation's top home-field advantages, Matt Hayes and Dave Curtis write in The Sporting News.
- Michigan produced the Big Ten's top pick in the 2010 NFL draft (Brandon Graham), but next year's draft looks a bit bleak for the Wolverines, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. A simpler approach is a better one for Michigan's defense, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Despite being a co-captain in 2009, Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins feels much more comfortable as a leader this year, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse takes this post one step further and asks Iowa fans who they want to face in the regular-season finale.
- Penn State added to its linebacker tradition with Sean Lee, Josh Hull and Navorro Bowman, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Jack Mewhort will be part of the mix with Ohio State's offensive line this fall, Matt Markey writes in The Toledo Blade.
- Academics will play a role in the Big Ten's expansion push, Jeff Rabjohns writes in The Indianapolis Star. But it's still all about the money, Reggie Hayes writes in The (Fort Wayne) News-Sentinel.
- Big Ten expansion could really create chaos in college hoops, colleague Eamonn Brennan writes.