Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
These links go out to Kris Versteeg.
- The Big Ten's expansion push boils down to TV revenue, Michael Arace writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- TCF Bank Stadium will stay dry, as Minnesota legislators rejected a plan to sell alcohol to fans in premium seats, Pat Doyle writes in the Star Tribune.
- Cornerback J.T. Floyd wants to be a playmaker for Michigan this fall, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins feels much more comfortable and experienced heading into 2010, Dave Curtis writes in The Sporting News.
- Iowa picks up a commitment from top in-state prospect Austin Blythe, Andy Hamilton writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Hawkeyes head coach Kirk Ferentz makes an appearance in Cedar Rapids, The Gazette's Marc Morehouse writes.
- Preseason expectations have been Wisconsin's downfall in the past, as The Rivalry, Esq., points out.
- Is it too soon to compare Jim Tressel and Woody Hayes at Ohio State? Probably, but it's still fun to put their accomplishments side by side, as The Buckeye Battle Cry shows us.