Monday, May 10, 2010
Big Ten expansion roundup: Week 2
By ESPN.com staff
The media environment might be transforming in this country, but the Sunday newspaper is still a pretty big deal, and many sports sections are dedicating plenty of space to the story in college sports -- potential expansion. While the Big Ten remains the catalyst for expansion, other leagues like the Pac-10 and Big 12 are in the headlines as well.
Here are some of the links you might have missed during the weekend:
- Joining the Big Ten might not be a no-brainer for Rutgers, like many think, Tom Luicci writes in The (Newark) Star-Ledger. Here's a look at what happens to Rutgers' nonrevenue sports if it joins the Big Ten, Andy McCullough writes in The Star-Ledger.
- Anxiety levels are running high in the Big 12 right now as member schools seem very interested in what the Big Ten has to offer, Dave Sittler writes in the Tulsa World.
- Missouri's willingness to listen to the Big Ten seems to be ticking off the Big 12, Vahe Gregorian writes in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. In an age where self preservation is paramount, Missouri should say yes to the Big Ten, Bryan Burwell writes in the Post-Dispatch.
- Big Ten expansion not only makes sense, but it will make plenty of money in the future, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- After being ridiculed for poor bowl performances, the Big Ten now has everyone running scared, Tom Oates writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- A closer look at the Big Ten Network, a huge force behind the expansion push, Dave Matter writes in the Columbia Daily Tribune.