Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
I have confirmed that Hawaii will join the Big Ten for men's and women's surfing.
- Big Ten expansion would make a lot of money, but very little sense, Tracee Hamilton writes in The Washington Post. An interesting take on the expansion situation from the Omaha World-Herald's Tom Shatel.
- Adrian Clayborn is the "godfather" of Iowa's defense, according to coordinator Norm Parker, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Iowa will be play under the lights Sept. 18 at Arizona.
- Forget about the 2011 recruiting class, but the state of Michigan boasts several top players for 2012, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State's consistent play on defense is the team's biggest strength heading into 2010, according to The Rivalry, Esq.
- Eleven Warriors ranks the running back groups in the Big Ten.
- Author Bobby Deren defends what he wrote about Rich Rodriguez and Morgan Trent, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Wisconsin will kick off against Arizona State in the afternoon, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- A new Purdue recruiting roundup from The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier's Mike Carmin.