Monday, May 24, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
Just give us the Cup already.
- The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Scott Dochterman examines how revenue factors in to the Big Ten expansion debate. An in-depth look at the AAU, which counts all 11 Big Ten schools among its members, from Bill Rabinowitz of The Columbus Dispatch. Interesting note: Georgia Tech is the newest AAU member.
- The Detroit Free Press breaks down how Michigan must penalize itself this week, and looks back at how other schools have handled similar situations. Drew Sharp thinks Michigan must read the NCAA's mind in disciplining itself.
- The Big Ten is cracking down on concussions in football, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Michigan State is bound for a 10-win season and another win against its archrival Michigan, David Goricki predicts in The Detroit News.
- Illinois head coach Ron Zook talks Big Ten expansion before heading overseas to visit U.S. troops, Mark Tupper writes in The (Decatur) Herald & Review.
- New Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon was mostly in listen-mode at Big Ten spring meetings, annarbor.com's Dave Birkett writes.
- Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz says about 20 teams are on the Big Ten's radar, and he stumps for his alma mater, Connecticut, Sean Keeler writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Penn State recruiting target Deion Barnes is making the right choices in his life, Frank Bodani writes in the York Daily Record. More questions about Penn State's new seating plan at Beaver Stadium, Jeff Rice writes in the Centre Daily Times.
- Here's the case for Pitt and against Pitt joining the Big Ten from Michael Sanserino of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.