Friday, May 28, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Well, you were engaged, apparently you hate Buzz Aldrin, foot problem, and we're going to spend the rest of our lives together.
- Ohio State is a legit national title contender, so deal with it, America, Matt Hinton writes at Yahoo! Sports.
- A memorial garden is being created for former Ohio State star Chic Harley, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- The flu forces Joe Paterno to cancel another appearance, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-news. Offensive coordinator Galen Hall doesn't sound too concerned about the team's QB situation, Joe Juliano writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Notre Dame and Missouri are the best bets for Big Ten expansion, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star. The Daily Gopher makes the case for Nebraska as a Big Ten addition.
- Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez reflects on being a Hall of Famer, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. The Badgers pick up a tight end/defensive end for 2011, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Seven wins might be a more realistic expectation for Michigan and head coach Rich Rodriguez this season, mgoblog's Brian Cook writes.
- A breakdown of Iowa's situation at safety from Black Heart Gold Pants.
- Former Illinois star Moe Gardner didn't get the Hall call this year, but it'll come eventually, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Minnesota barely made The Sporting News' countdown of the top 100 teams, and here's why, Matt Hayes writes.