Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Hail to the team
The stadium rings as everyone sings,
The Scarlet and Cream.
Cheers for a victory, echo our loyalty;
So, on mighty men,
The eyes of the land, upon every hand,
Are looking at you.
Fight on for victory.
- If a Big Ten invitation to apply comes Nebraska's way, the Huskers likely would accept, colleague Andy Katz reports. Tom Osborne has Nebraska on a path to the Big Ten, Steven Sipple writes the Lincoln Journal-Star. A move to the Big Ten would please Nebraska's eggheads as well, Matthew Hansen and Leslie Reed writes in the Omaha World-Herald.
- The Big Ten's final expansion should include Nebraska, Notre Dame and Rutgers, and forget the rest, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune. Perhaps Nebraska will only be Step 1 in the Big Ten's expansion push, Greenstein writes.
- Thoughts on Missouri's situation from the Columbia Daily Tribune's Dave Matter. Missouri has until June 17 to make a decision, Vahe Gregorian writes in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Get ready for at least two super conferences, CBSsports.com's Dennis Dodd writes.
- Demar Dorsey tells mgoblog that he'll re-open his recruitment if he can't get in to Michigan.
- Indiana athletic director Fred Glass weighs in on expansion, from The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Illinois coach Ron Zook talks about quarterback Jacob Charest's departure from the team, Chris Hine writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Iowa officials are far from the center of the expansion talks, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- If students behave badly at Wisconsin games, they can lose their season tickets, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Former Badgers star Ron Dayne gets his stolen rings back.