Thursday, June 10, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
- Nebraska's impending move to the Big Ten is both "stunning and completely logical," SI.com's Stewart Mandel writes. The Sporting News' Matt Hayes thinks Nebraska is just Phase 1 for a Big Ten that will expand to 16.
- The Big Ten should roll out the red carpet for Nebraska, CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd writes.
- Some more questions and answers about Big Ten expansion from The Columbus Dispatch's Bill Rabinowitz.
- Missouri has no Big Ten offer to apply for admission, Mike DeArmond writes in The Kansas City Star.
- The Demar Dorsey situation reveals what Michigan thinks of Rich Rodriguez and his recruiting practices, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press. Michigan AD Dave Brandon says he didn't stand in the way of Dorsey's admission, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- State politicians wants to ensure both Iowa and Iowa State aren't hurt by conference realignment, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Good luck with that one, Chet. The Magic Bus and its famous tailgate at Iowa games is on the move, Josh O'Leary writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News' Jared Shanker looks at Big Ten coaches and players on the hot seat in 2010.
- Cameron Heyward is afraid of his girlfriend.
- Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema weighs in on division alignment and some Badger-ish items, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Minnesota is making progress in the classroom, Myron Medcalf writes in the Star Tribune.