Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
What's going on?
- There's a lot to like in Stewart Mandel's Big Ten divisions proposal. Geography shouldn't determine the Big Ten divisions, Bob Hunter writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Illinois defensive tackle Josh Brent is entering the NFL supplemental draft and won't return to school. Brent's situation is unfortunate, but his decision makes some sense, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Cris Carter expects his son to be back at Ohio State in a year after improving his grades at a juco, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Penn State's Evan Royster might have to wait until the NFL combine to showcase his speed as a featured back, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.
- Michigan State linebacker Greg Jones gets his picture on the honors wall, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Purdue quarterback royalty assembled Tuesday in West Lafayette, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Indiana's coaching staff is recruiting the right way, Chris Korman writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Iowa's newest commit looks like a perfect fit, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Kirk Ferentz thinks Iowa's offensive linemen can make a jump this summer, Morehouse writes.
- The Capital Times' Mike Lucas checks in with Wisconsin's new director of football operations.