Friday, July 16, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Ready ... link.
- Penn State football player Curtis Drake has been cited for fighting with Nittany Lions basketball recruit Taran Buie outside McDonald's, the Centre Daily Times reports.
- Dr. Lou thinks Notre Dame should finally join a conference, but the Fighting Irish likely won't follow his advice, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News.
- Penn State defensive end Jack Crawford has followed a similar path to that of former Lions star Tamba Hali, Jared Shanker writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. The Philadelphia Daily News' Phil Jasner reports that Temple has discussed facing Penn State at a neutral site, although the momentum seems to have slowed a bit.
- Former Ohio State star Chris Spielman reflects on football and the challenges in his life as he prepares to be enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Former Illinois defensive tackle Josh Brent gets another chance in football as the Cowboys select him in the NFL supplemental draft, Marcus Jackson writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- Bill Lynch and Indiana have benefited greatly from offering scholarships early in recruiting, but he doesn't strongly oppose an NCAA proposal that would ban super-early offers, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr and new Michigan AD Dave Brandon are heading into the Gridiron Greats Hall of Fame, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- A quick preview of Michigan State in 2010 from The Sporting News' Michael Bradley.
- Minnesota linebacker Gary Tinsley appeared in court Thursday to face two counts stemming from his moped incident in April, Vince Tuss writes in the Star Tribune.
- What's the top game of the Kirk Ferentz era at Iowa? The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Mike Hlas picks Iowa-Penn State in 2008, while the paper's readers go with the dramatic 2005 Capital One Bowl win against LSU.