Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Previewing Day 2 of Big Ten media days
By ESPN.com staff
CHICAGO -- The second half of Big Ten media days begins right now, as all 11 head coaches and three players from each team meet for a cram session with reporters. The session lasts from 9-11 a.m. ET.
Not surprisingly, Day 1 brought a lot of off-field news regarding division alignment, future conference schedules, a football championship game and other topics. Today, it's much more about the players and the games.
Some of the questions I'll be exploring:
- Who's the better defensive lineman: Adrian Clayborn or Cameron Heyward?
- How are Iowa and Wisconsin handling high expectations?
- Who has a better receiving corps: Indiana or Michigan State?
- How are new starting quarterbacks Robert Marve (Purdue) and Dan Persa (Northwestern) settling in?
- Which defensive back provides the better one-liners: Michigan's Troy Woolfolk or Wisconsin's Jay Valai?
I caught up with several players Monday, but I'm looking to sitting down with these guys in a less formal session.
Here's the list of players. There's one change, as punter Aaron Bates replaced receiver Keith Nichol for Michigan State.
Check back throughout the day for more coverage from media days.