Thursday, September 30, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Look who needs me now? Mr. hot dog fingers can't press 'print' without hitting three extra keys. Yeah, in my house now, Jay! Technically we'll be in his house, but we'll be in my area of his house.
- Let's get picky with picks from yours truly, College Football News, CBSSports.com and colleague Bruce Feldman (ESPN Insider).
- No surprise here, as most Big Ten coaches want to keep eight league games, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr still thinks Notre Dame will join the Big Ten, Mike Tankersley writes in the Montgomery Advertiser. Denard Robinson is fine, but Michigan is a bit banged up at running back, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes. Rich Rodriguez still has a long way to go to get off the hot seat, Jamie Samuelsen writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Penn State isn't looking like Linebacker U so far this year, Rich Scarcella writes in the Reading Eagle. We don't know much about Rob Bolden because he hasn't been available to reporters, so Bolden's mother fills us in on the Penn State QB, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Wisconsin has cut down on its penalties since giving away the Michigan State game in 2008, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Ohio State's Terrelle Pryor doesn't mind standing in the pocket and taking the hits, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Michigan State players are thinking Rose Bowl, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Iowa has a huge recruiting weekend on tap, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Hawkeyes D-lineman Mike Daniels flew under the radar in high school, Joe Juliano writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Linebacker Bryce McNaul stuck with his commitment to Northwestern despite the efforts of Tim Brewster, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Minnesota wants Troy Stoudermire to have a fresh start on defense, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Illinois still has a few players who remember the 2007 win against Ohio State, and they look for another upset Saturday, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune.