Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
It's not too late to join my chat, which is going on right now.
- Colleague Pat Forde calls out Ron Zook and JoePa and makes a Michigan-Michigan State prediction in this week's Dash.
- Speaking of the Wolverines, colleague Ivan Maisel writes that Denard Robinson is the latest star college player to be in the right place at the right time.
- Michigan State has the edge in most categories, but Michigan has Robinson, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal. Tony Lippett is playing Robinson's role in Spartans' practice this week, Shannon Shelton writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Michigan-Michigan State is a very hot ticket this year, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- The Big Ten is looking more and more like an offense-heavy league, annarbor.com's Jeff Arnold writes.
- JoePa says Penn State backup quarterback Kevin Newsome can't just get by on natural ability alone, Mark Wogenrich writes in The (Allentown) Morning Call. One Penn State beat writer explains his criticisms of the program.
- Illinois linebacker Martez Wilson wants to be like former All-American J Leman, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune. The crowd noise at Penn State will be a bit different for Illinois QB Nathan Scheelhaase than it was for his dad in 1984, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette.
- The line has been the one part of Purdue's offense avoiding the injury bug, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Ohio State must spark its rushing attack aside from quarterback Terrelle Pryor, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Buckeyes safety-linebacker Tyler Moeller had been playing with a partially torn pectoral muscle for some time before last week's full tear, Lesmerises writes.
- Wisconsin's offense makes some changes up front, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Former Minnesota quarterback Bryan Cupito knows how much Adam Weber needs to beat Wisconsin before his career ends, Marcus Fuller writes in The (St. Paul) Pioneer Press.
- Indiana needs to upgrade its defense, and help is on the way through recruiting, Andy Graham writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times.
- Future Big Ten member Nebraska could rekindle its rivalry with Oklahoma, colleague David Ubben writes.