Friday, October 8, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
You embarrassed me in front of all the other mothers! If you think you're going to Sizzler tonight, Jenna, you've got another thing coming!
- Saturday's game at the Big House could be the best Michigan State-Michigan game to date, SI.com's Bill Trocchi writes. The Sporting News picks Michigan State to win. The stakes are higher for both Michigan and Michigan State, and so is the vitriol, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News.
- Penn State's season could hinge on the Illinois game, Bernard Fernandez writes in the Philadelphia Daily News.
- Indiana boasts several Ohio natives who can't wait for their trip to The Shoe, Bob Baptist writes in The Columbus Dispatch. The Hoosiers' receivers think they're the best group in America, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Big Ten teams could be visiting an expanded Memorial Stadium at Nebraska in the coming years.
- Jim Tressel's wife talks about The Vest and their life away from football, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Buckeyes tight end Jake Stoneburner (ankle) will miss his second straight game, Lesmerises writes. Picks for Ohio State-Indiana from The Columbus Dispatch.
- Purdue's secondary prepares for its first real test, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- Illinois looks for its first-ever win in Happy Valley on Saturday, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune. Five questions heading into Illinois-Penn State from The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen.
- ESPNChicago.com's Scott Powers previews Purdue-Northwestern and Illinois-Penn State. Northwestern freshman running back Adonis Smith heightens his focus after making his debut.
- Michigan State's Kirk Cousins is flying under the radar this week, Mitch Albom writes in the Detroit Free Press. The Spartans will get defensive linemen Kevin Pickelman and Colin Neely back for Saturday's game, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema isn't worried about a hangover effect from last week's loss, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Badgers running back James White is being educated on the importance of the Minnesota rivalry, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Iowa's assistant coaches almost never talk to the media, so find out what Ken O'Keefe and Phil Parker had to say Thursday.