Monday, November 1, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Let's get to it.
- In case you missed them, my Week 10 power rankings as well as a conference race update with tiebreakers explained.
- A good breakdown of what's now a four-team race in the Big Ten from The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Marc Morehouse. The Big Ten will dominate New Year's Day but likely miss out on the BCS title game again, Dave Curtis writes in The Sporting News.
- Indiana athletic director Fred Glass says it's too early to speculate on coach Bill Lynch's job status, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Iowa has shown resiliency throughout Kirk Ferentz's tenure, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Begin the countdown now for Iowa-Ohio State, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Wisconsin is positioned for a run to the Rose Bowl, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Ohio State has been dominant since its Madison stumble and now gets an open week before the big finish, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer. Despite a lopsided win Saturday, Jim Tressel wasn't overjoyed because of the Buckeyes' mistakes, Ken Gordon writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Illinois coach Ron Zook defends himself against claims he ran up the score against Purdue, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times. A historical perspective on Illinois' stifling defense and other notes from Lindsey Willhite of the Daily Herald.
- Bobby Bowden is excited to see his friend Joe Paterno go for win No. 400, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror. Penn State should stick with Matt McGloin at quarterback, Rich Scarcella and Mike Poorman write.
- Northwestern tries to ruin JoePa's 400 party, Teddy Greenstein writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Defense continues to doom Rich Rodriguez and Michigan, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. Athletic director Dave Brandon speaks briefly to annarbor.com's Michael Rothstein.
- Despite an ugly defeat, all is not lost for Michigan State this fall, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Detroit Free Press. It's time for Michigan State to move on from the loss and the Chris L. Rucker saga, Joe Rexrode writes in the Lansing State Journal.
- Purdue's quarterback situation remains in limbo for another week, Mike Carmin writes in The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier.
- It doesn't make much sense, but Minnesota continues to keep MarQueis Gray away from the quarterback spot, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.