Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Fear the beard.
And follow me on Twitter throughout the Big Ten coaches' teleconference, which kicks off right now.
- Chicago Tribune readers take stabs at naming the Big Ten's new divisions.
- Style points should be part of the BCS formula, Rob Oller writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- A lack of a consistent philosophy is one factor dragging down Michigan's defense this season, Michael Rosenberg writes in the Detroit Free Press. It would take more than a quick-fix coordinator change to help the Wolverines' D, Bob Wojnowski writes in The Detroit News. Some pretty candid stuff from Wolverines center David Molk on the team's struggles.
- Wisconsin defensive coordinator Dave Doeren wants to see improvement down the stretch, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. A roundup of bowl projections for the Badgers from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Dave Heller.
- A Penn State fan unfortunately picked the wrong Halloween costume, the Centre Daily Times reports.
- Northwestern linebacker Bryce McNaul has overcome myriad injuries to become a major contributor, Lindsey Willhite writes in the Daily Herald.
- Ricky Stanzi is putting up Heisman-worthy numbers for Iowa this season, Sean Keeler writes in the Des Moines Register.
- A good roundup of Illinois quotes after Monday's practice from The (Champaign) News-Gazette's Bob Asmussen.
- Life is good for Iowa, but not so much for the Indiana Hoosiers, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Indiana quarterback Ben Chappell makes no excuses for the team's Big Ten struggles, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).
- Since we're still in a baseball mood in the wake of the World Series, Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin has earned a win and two saves the past two weeks, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. There's a movement to name the Beaver Stadium field after Joe Paterno, Ron Musselman writes in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Three Michigan State questions after the Iowa debacle from the Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode.
- Major injuries have derailed Purdue's season, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- A plug for Air Force's Troy Calhoun as the next Minnesota coach.