Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Be sure to follow me on Twitter during the Big Ten coaches' teleconference, which begins right now.
- Not a Big Ten story per se, but a great look at former Denison University coach Keith Piper from The Columbus Dispatch's Todd Jones.
- Wisconsin likely will turn to Bill Nagy at center on Saturday against Indiana, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Wisconsin Journal Sentinel. Badgers coach Bret Bielema has made the right calls on offense this year, Tom Mulhern writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Michigan receiver Roy Roundtree wants to wear the coveted No. 1 jersey, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. It looks like Wolverines' sophomore Craig Roh will be a defensive end for good, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes.
- If Penn State wants to pull the upset Saturday, it must stop Cameron Heyward, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Fran Ganter has been there for almost all of Joe Paterno's success at Penn State, statecollege.com's Mike Poorman writes.
- Northwestern missed 27 tackles in Saturday's loss to Penn State, Lindsey Willhite writes in the Daily Herald. The Wildcats always live on the edge, and right now, they're falling off, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Ohio State beat writers Tim May and Ken Gordon discuss the Buckeyes' home stretch.
- Illinois defensive end Clay Nurse said it best: "There's no getting over 67-65."
- Iowa can expect a wild ride whenever it faces Northwestern, Sean Keeler writes in the Des Moines Register.
- The Lansing State Journal's Joe Rexrode examines Mark Dantonio's early success as Michigan State coach.
- Bill Lynch expects Indiana to bounce back after yet another close loss, Dustin Dopirak writes in The (Bloomington) Herald-Times (subscription required).