Thursday, November 11, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Thanks to all those currently serving or who have served on this Veterans Day. I hear from many servicemen and servicewomen around the world who read this blog, and I really appreciate all you do for us.
- The Big Ten Network's Dave Revsine goes inside the numbers for Week 11 in the Big Ten.
- Penn State quarterback Matt McGloin might want to introduce himself to Terrelle Pryor on Saturday, Cory Giger writes in The Altoona Mirror. Penn State used to be like Boise State and TCU, doubted in the regular season and stellar in bowl games, Bill Livingston writes in The Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- Pryor says he's coming back to Ohio State for the 2011 season, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch. Pryor has grown as a quarterback since his fumble against Penn State in 2008, Doug Lesmerises writes in The Plain Dealer.
- Making the cases for both a rising star and an experienced coach for Minnesota's upcoming hire, Phil Miller and Dennis Brackin write in the Star Tribune.
- According to Northwestern running back Adonis Smith, coach Pat Fitzgerald isn't an Iowa fan, Mike Hlas writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Iowa's Kirk Ferentz defends his decision to keep running back Adam Robinson in a lopsided game against Michigan State, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
- Michigan receiver Roy Roundtree remembers Purdue being "boring" on his recruiting visit there, annarbor.com's Pete Bigelow writes. The Wolverines' thrilling win last week will help recruiting, Josh Helmholdt writes in the Detroit Free Press.
- Illinois' defense tries to redeem itself after what coach Ron Zook called an "embarrassing" performance at Michigan, Shannon Ryan writes in the Chicago Tribune.
- Indiana AD Fred Glass is focused on the here and now regarding Bill Lynch and the football program, Justin Albers writes in the Indiana Daily Student.
- Northwestern's quarterbacks have given Iowa trouble the past few years, Andrew Logue writes in the Des Moines Register.
- Wisconsin's David Gilreath earns respect as an elite return man, Jeff Potrykus writes in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Mark Dantonio says Michigan State's sole focus is winning the Big Ten, Greg Johnson writes in The Grand Rapids Press.