Monday, April 20, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Four spring games in the books, six more on tap this week (no spring game this year for Iowa).
A big helping of links for you today.
"I have this favorite quote: 'Never give up on anything that you're going to think about the rest of your life,'" Ray said. "If I quit football, I'll be an old man someday sitting in my room thinking about my glory high school football days. No way, no way."
- Michigan should see a decline in season-ticket sales, but not a dramatic one, Mark Snyder writes in the Detroit Free Press. Former Wolverines quarterback Drew Henson understands the challenge facing former Duke hoopster Greg Paulus, John Niyo writes in The Detroit News.
- After battling a multitude of injuries for most of spring ball, Indiana running back Darius Willis finally took center stage at the spring game, Terry Hutchens writes in The Indianapolis Star.
- It would be a big surprise if Arrelious Benn didn't turn pro after this season, but the Illinois wide receiver isn't getting wrapped up in the NFL draft talk, Bob Asmussen writes in The (Champaign) News-Gazette. Meanwhile, Illini defensive tackle Sirod Williams is on the mend and hopes to return for the season opener.
- There's a lot to like about this Iowa team, Pat Harty writes in the Iowa City Press-Citizen. Converted quarterback Marvin NcNutt, a candidate to start at wide receiver, is among the Hawkeyes' bright spots, Scott Dochterman writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette.
- Here's the good and the bad from Ohio State's jersey scrimmage on Saturday, Tim May writes in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Bad news for Big Ten offensive linemen, as Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick looks to get violent this fall, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News.