Friday, December 3, 2010
Big Ten lunch links
It was Harold, and I ate all of him. Even the face, in case of a tie. I ate him, sir! I ate my father pig!
- Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany says the NCAA missed an opportunity to come down harder on Cam Newton, Pete Thamel writes in The New York Times.
- Big Ten awards from AOL FanHouse's Mark Hasty, who thinks Jim Tressel is the league's coach of the year.
- Congrats to those selected to the Big Ten's fall academic All-Conference team.
- Former Michigan star Jamie Morris says the school must make a decision on Rich Rodriguez now, Drew Sharp writes in the Detroit Free Press. Michigan will receive a $4.7 million guarantee for playing Alabama, Angelique Chengelis writes in The Detroit News. AD Dave Brandon hints Michigan could play in a Jan. 1 bowl, Mark Snyder writes in the Free Press.
- Ron Dayne thinks Wisconsin's John Clay should stay in school for his senior year, Adam Mertz writes in the Wisconsin State Journal. Bret Bielema is providing reasons to believe in him, Andy Baggot writes in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- Indiana isn't the job for an elite football coach, Ben Smith writes in The Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.
- Iowa's athletic director is disappointed in the team's poor finish, Marc Morehouse writes in The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette. Iowa could soon pop the bubble and upgrade its practice facilities.
- There's a lot on the line for Illinois tonight at Fresno State, Herb Gould writes in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- FoxSports.com looks at the Great Rose Bowl Debate.
- Tim Brewster left Minnesota's program in better shape than the one he inherited from Glen Mason, Marcus Fuller writes in the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press. It looks like you can scratch Al Golden's name off of Minnesota's wish list, Phil Miller writes in the Star Tribune.
- A closer look at Penn State's 2011 recruiting class from the Centre Daily Times' Jeff Rice.