Thursday, May 28, 2009
Big Ten lunch links
Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg
Let me explain something to you. I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So, that's what you call me. You know, that, or his dudeness, or duder, or El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
- As first reported on this blog last week, Penn State linebacker Navorro Bowman won't face further penalties from the team as long as he remains in good academic standing, Bob Flounders writes in The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News. Also, more from Penn State head coach Joe Paterno on wanting a Big Ten title game, Joe Juliano writes in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
- My apologies for posting this a bit late, but Michigan State tight end David Duran has decided to transfer to Coastal Carolina, Josh Hoke writes in The Sun News.
- Remember Sonia Sotomayor? Maurice Clarett probably does. Sotomayor, the newest Supreme Court nominee, helped to block Clarett from entering the NFL draft in 2004.
- The Motor City Bowl will kick off during daylight hours on Dec. 26.
- Contrary to a report, prep running back Marcus Coker has not committed to Minnesota, the (St. Paul) Pioneer Press' Marcus Fuller writes in his blog. Minnesota and Iowa remain in the running for Coker.
- The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette's Mike Hlas noticed an interesting omission from Minnesota's spring media guide -- the Gophers' 55-0 loss to Iowa last season.